The Bees exited the FA Cup at the Fourth Round stage as they fell to defeat against a strong Super League Everton side at the Pure Stadium.

The side placed 5th in the Barclays FA Women’s Super League started brightly and had the lion share of possession in the opening exchanges. However, Sarah Quantrill was not forced into any meaningful action as the Bees stood firm.

On 13 minutes the Bees ‘keeper was called into action as she saved at point-blank range as Boye-Hlorkah prodded George’s dangerous cross towards goal.

The Bees were forced into an early change as Amelia Hazard limped off in place of Nikita Whinnett who made her first appearance of 2020.

The Toffees were in the ascendancy and should have taken the lead as a corner caused havoc in the area, the Bees put their bodies on the line to block three goalbound efforts before eventually it was prodded wide.

The hosts struck the post with 30 minutes on the watch as Boye-Hlorkah’s curling cross went all the way through before hitting the inside of the post.

The pressure continued from the Super League side as Quantrill did well to deny Chloe Kelly as struck from the edge of the area.

On the stroke of half time, the host’s persistence told and they took the lead as Inessa Kaagman fired an unstoppable effort that flew via the upright. It was a cruel blow on the Bees after they had defended so resolutely in the opening 45 minutes.

The Bees had the first chance of the second half when Courtnay Ward-Chambers broke through but fired her effort wide of the far post.

It was then the hosts turn to go close as Kelly rounded Quantrill to cut back for Mollie Pike, but Quantrill tipped round her effort and behind for a corner.

The hosts went close again as Quantrill had to be called into action to deny Turner from point-blank range but in truth, it was a much-improved second-half showing for Burch’s side.

As the final moments approached Kelly had a long-range effort deflected onto the post, whilst Pickett fired straight at the Toffees’keeper.

The Bees had the final chance of the game but a dangerous corner was scrambled clear by the Toffees defence.

Bees: Quantrill, Wilson, West, Robert, Brooks (Gane 70′), Horwood, Nunn, Ward-Chambers, O’Leary (Pickett 66′), Gibson, Hazard (Whinnett 22′)

Unused Subs: Dench, Forman, Gamby