The Bees started strongly as supporters returned to The Hive London to watch London Bees for the first time in 18 months.

Shortly after kick-off, the home crowd had something to celebrate early on after Sian Osmond’s side opened the scoring within seven minutes.

Courtnay Ward-Chambers picked up the ball in the centre of the pitch before playing through Hannah Coote down the left side, who got the better of her defender and slotted calmly into the bottom right corner.

The Bees looked to have control after opening the scoring, but were pegged back after 17 minutes as Keynsham were awarded a free-kick from 25-yards-out.

Kerry Walklett stepped up and launched her shot high over the wall and into the far top corner, beyond the outstretched arms of Faye Hazelton.

Hannah Coote turned provider after 25 minutes when she floated a ball over to Flo Gamby at the back post, who headed down against the outside of the post and out for a goal-kick.

Bees continued their dominance and re-took the lead as the match approached the half-hour mark. Frankie Webster brought the ball down the right side before picking out Flo Gamby in the centre of the box.

The experienced midfielder forced Erin Foley to parry only as far as Coote, who slammed the ball back across the face of goal. Keynsham defender Nadine Grogan looked to clear but could only force it into the back of her own net.

Sian Osmond’s side asserted their dominance just before the break after Gamby was played in-behind the Keynsham backline, before bringing the ball forward and seeing her shot saved only as far as Nikki Jancey.

The prolific striker reacted quickly to the looping ball, where she volleyed into an empty-net to bag a debut goal for the Club.

After withstanding a period of pressure from the visitors at the start of the second period, the Bees added a fourth on the hour mark when Lauren Heria was played through on goal, before dropping a shoulder and calmly slotting it low past Foley in the Keynsham goal.

The Bees’ display of dominance didn’t stop there as they netted a fifth on the 67th minute, when debutant Jancey raced through the final third to put herself one-on-one with the Keynsham stopper.
The Bees striker was clear of any defenders as she poked the ball home, whilst taking a tumble, to score her second of the afternoon, and round off a dominant display back in front of the supporters at The Hive London.

Bees: Faye Hazelton, Jess Burke, Danielle Puddefoot (Chiara Lape 81’), Amber Tullet Sarah Reid (89’), Frankie Webster, Flo Gamby, Courtnay Ward-Chambers © (Millie Constantine 45’), Parker Dunn, Hannah Coote, Lauren Heria, Nikki Jancey. Subs: Kelsey Gibson, Gemma Croucher.

Goals: Coote (7’), Grogan (28’ OG), Jancey (38’, 67’), Heria (62’).

Keynsham: Erin Foley, Alys Hinchcliffe, Korna Coates, Nadine Grogan, Lily Withers, Natalia Bak, Rachel Cullen ©, Georgia Evans, Megan Wood, Kerry Bartlett, Kerry Walkett. Subs: Amy McCorkill, Emma Norris.

Goals: Walklett (19’).

Attendance: 132.

Referee: Terry Dawkins.